Fashion/Hair/Makeup: Hair Secrets!
DYI Ombre Hair
According to, http://www.stylelist.com, ” Well this kit will do the trick: It can make you up to four shades lighter. With a multi-prong brush to enable even distribution and the perfect formula consistency (viscous enough to deposit onto hair but not so liquid-y that it “bleeds onto the rest of the hair,”) L’Oréal Paris’s new kit is already a hit outside of the U.S., where it’s been raved about by bloggers. Here are Christophe’s tips for perfect, at-home application:
1. Prep: Make sure your hair isn’t tangled. You’ll need smooth hair to brush the product through.
2. Application: If you aren’t sure where to begin the fade, start by your mouth. You can control the color gradation from your natural base, depending on how long you leave the product in (anywhere between 20-45 minutes.) Do a test strand, aiming for 20 minutes and check it every 5 minutes to see how you like the color.
3. Worried about brassiness? If you only want a slight color change, 20 minutes will be your ideal time frame. To make sure your hair color is lifted enough and you bypass that dreaded orange phase, you may need 40-45 minutes.
4. For a more delicate application, wield the brush vertically, to coat only specific strands. For a more intense look, wield the brush horizontally to cover more ground.
5. Don’t get too carried away with too many light pieces. It’s the contrast that makes ombré look the best. “It’ll be like chocolate. You’ll get so happy as you’re doing it, you’ll keep adding it like, mm, munch, this is so good. But you’ll have to control yourself so you don’t get carried away.” So you heard it from Christophe: Like all good things, ombré is best enjoyed in moderation.”
According to, Chris Reidy, Globe Staff, with http://www.boston.com/,”MIT professor Robert Langer was recently awarded the 2013 Presidential Medal of Technology and Innovation, and his innovations include an anti-frizz technology that he and his team developed for hair-care products now being pitched by Hollywood star Jennifer Aniston.”
Get the facts about Living Proof!
“OFPMA is a superior way to care for and style hair; better than any of the conventional technologies that exist in the market, like silicone and oils.
This brilliantly bulletproof molecule creates an exquisitely thin, invisible shield around every hair strand. With this shield:
- hair becomes healthier over time
- hair is strengthened and protected from daily assaults like brushing and washing
- hair balances the flow of moisture in and out of strands, so damaging moisture flux is controlled
- hair fights off humidity, so frizz is stopped in its tracks
- hair repels oil and dirt so it stays cleaner, longer
- hair texture is polished into a smooth, glossy lustre
They put OFPMA in almost all of our Living Proof products because every head of hair deserves the best. Without compromise.”
“PBAE’s microscopic pattern of thickening dots sit on the surface of the hair, creating the much needed friction and space between every fine hair strand without any of the damage or baggage of conventional technologies. These thickening dots have endurance and don’t break down, even as you run your fingers through your locks, making fullness completely revivable and renewable.
- Hair behaves like full, thick hair with body and volume
- Hair has volume and texture that is revisable and long lasting”
Get Shiner, healthier looking Hair
Hair Mask Treatment:
According to, http://www.kouhl.com, using this formula for a hair mask will get your locks looking haute!
- “In an empty plastic bottle, mix 1/2 a cup of apple cider vinegar with 4 cups of water and pour over your hair after shampooing.”
- “Leave it in for 30 seconds and then rinse your hair with cold water to seal the shin.”